Once you have purchased your item of Artgems jewellery it will need a little care and attention to keep it looking as fresh and fabulous for as long as possible so here are a few hints and tips.
Inevitably all silver jewellery and some lower carat gold jewellery in time tarnishes so to help prevent this I recommend the following.
- Apply all cosmetics, perfume or hair products before you put on your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing jewellery to the gym as perspiration can also contribute to tarnish.
- Chemicals found in swimming pools and salty seawater also contribute to extreme tarnishing. Leaving jewellery in a steamy bathroom is also not a good idea.
- Try to store your jewellery in a zip lock bag or an anti tarnish draw string bag to avoid exposure to the air or the environment. Acid free tissue can also be used when not wearing an item for a period of time.
- Store your jewellery separately so it does not rub and scratch together. Do up chains after you take them off so they do not get tangled or knotted up.
- To brighten up your silver pieces gently rub with a silver polishing cloth. Use silver dip with caution, as this is often unsuitable on pearls and some porous stones.
- After using a silver cloth gently wash the item in warm soapy water with a soft toothbrush to remove any chemicals. Equally any stone set jewellery can be cleaned and brought back to life with hot soapy water and a soft brush.
If a piece needs a little more TLC than this, please see the repairs and reconditioning service.